Projects

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Ancient Ruins

 I've finished painting the Cygor last night but I'm waiting to take some good pictures of him. However, I've also been working on a test piece of terrain. I've assembled the ruin out of carved pieces of pink insulation foam. Although they have changed the color a bit so now its more of a light purple insulation foam. The finished blocks look remarkably like pieces of grape bubble gum. After cutting out the blocks and sanding the rough edges off they were glued together and the larger gaps on the bottom were filled with wood putty. I'd like to make 3 or 4 more of this sized ruin and then I'll move onto the next stage of applying texture and painting.  

One of my Beastmen is peeking over the edge for scale.

I glued the flagstones on irregularly for a more random looking base.

From the bottom you can better see the construction method.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...